Thursday, March 4, 2010

Jean Michel Jarre Personal Life

Jarre met his second wife Charlotte Rampling at a dinner party in St Tropez in 1976. I knew who she was because I had admired her films — The Night Porter, The Damned and I was immediately struck by Charlotte's stillness and her remote quality. I remember thinking she seemed less sophisticated than she was on the screen. She didn't say very much, I learnt very early on that Charlotte is not a chatterbox.(Jean Michel Jarre).

Michel was magnetic. Having just flown in from Los Angeles I was tired, rather silent and didn't pick up on the intensity of what I felt until three days later. I went to Paris the next day to promote Farewell My Lovely. I must have mentioned where I was staying to Jean-Michel because he phoned me and we met, and that's when it all started. A long weekend at the Lancaster — still my favourite hotel.(Charlotte Rampling)

Both were already in failing marriages, but they each obtained a divorce (Rampling was married to Bryan Southcombe).The two married, Jarre gaining custody of his daughter Émilie Charlotte,and Rampling her son Barnaby. Together they have a son, David. In 1995 photographs in Hello! showed Jarre apparently romantically involved with 31-year old secretary Odile Froument, and in 1996 Jarre and Rampling separated. They divorced in 2002.[82] He had a brief relationship with Isabelle Adjani, but married French actress Anne Parillaud in May 2005. Jarre has a half-brother and a half-sister from his father's other marriages, Kevin Jarre and Stéphanie Jarre, and remained estranged from his father. On his death in 2009 however Jarre paid tribute to his legacy.

My father and I never really achieved a real relationship. We probably saw each other 20 or 25 times in our lifetime. When you are able, at my age, to count the times you have seen your father, it says something...I think it's better to have conflict, or, if you have a parent who dies, you grieve, but the feeling of absence is very difficult to fill, and it took me a while to absorb that.(Jean Michel Jarre).



Jean Michel Jarre Tickets at Sold Out Ticket Market
Ticket Market for Jean Michel Jarre Tickets

No comments:

Post a Comment